We started making Baba Ghanoush to use up the abundance of our own eggplants. We love the garlicky, creamy , slightly spicy flavor with pita chips and even spread on bread for the best ever salad sandwiches! (Jane)
4 large eggplants
1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
1/2 cup lemon juice
6 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cracked pepper
1 small jalapeno - preferably red
2 tablespoons good olive oil
Handful of parsley
1. Pierce eggplants all over with fork or skewer. Place on tray lined with parchment paper.
2. Bake uncovered in hot oven ~ 400F for about 45 - 60 minutes - until eggplants tested with a skewer and are soft.
3. Peel eggplants. Discard skins.
3. Blend eggplants with remaining ingredients in food processor until smooth.
4. Serve with pita chips or use as a spread on toast or bread for a great starter for a salad sandwich!
5. Tip: make a double lot and freeze half. Mixture maintains flavor really well in the freezer. Just defrost and serve!